Thursday, August 27, 2009

Guady Leaf Frog

 
OK, it has officially been WAY too long since I posted here!  It has been a crazy and wonderful summer getting married in May, going on a honeymoon to Costa Rica, teaching summer session 2, and then getting ready for the new school year. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and I think I might actually be ready.  So, here is a picture to start things off again.  Courtney and I had a fantastic time in Costa Rica and I will post several pictures here over the next little while.  Courtney has a great set of blog posts describing the trip if you'd like to check them out here, here, here, here, here, and here.  The first place we visited, Lapa Rios was one of my favorites!  It is a great resort near the Corcovado National Park and there is an incredible amount of wildlife there. One the last night I went on a night hike and say lots of nifty things.  Now, most were spiders and other creepy crawlies, but I did get to see one of these Red-eyed Tree Frog (or Gaudy Leaf Frog) hanging around on a branch.  I was very happy to be able to find one of these in the wild--most cool!  He is a little guy--only a couple inches long but nifty!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What a fantastic picture! It is a great representation of Costa Rica and the variety and color of life there.

Deirdre said...

thank you for NOT posting the spiders.
But I'm looking forward to the other pics.