Friday, January 9, 2009

The Fence to Nowhere

OK, it has officially been too long since I posted. I had the chance to go to California for over 2 weeks this year to spend time with my family and had a great time. It was the first time the family had been together for any time after mom survived breast cancer (GET CHECKED!!!) and so it was nice to reconnect. My Fiancee also came out for a week and it was great to be able to spend time with her and my family. We even did the tour of Doug's childhood locations and visited with many a friend. We went by the house I grew up in (from 1 year old to 28) and the new owners were there and kind enough to invite us in! It was fun to see the old house again and what the new family has done with it. Courtney and I also wandered around my old elementary school and high school. it was fun reminiscing and showing her where I came from. The picture above came from The Sea Ranch where we spend Christmas and New Years. I have walked along this fence many a time and though the day was cloudy I loved the way the light hit the fence highlighting it in certain points.

No comments: